1) Explain about your Company’s Automation Framework?
2) What are the important factors in test tool selection?
3) What test cases can be automated?
4) What test cases cannot be automated?
5) Explain about the testing process in QTP?
6) Explain about the object identification configuration process in QuickTest?
7) What type of Licenses available for QTP?
8) How to create basic scripts/tests from manual test cases in QTP?
9) In how many ways we can generate basic tests in QTP?
10) What is the difference between local and shared object repository?
11) How to maintain objects in object repository?
12) What is Synchronization?
13) How to synchronize QTP and AUT?
14) How to Parameterize tests?
15) How to Generate Non-recordable steps?
16) What are the benefits of Step Generator?
17) How to count Links in a web page without using page checkpoint?
18) How to count all available objects in a dialog box /a window/a web page?
19) What are the major disadvantages in record tests?
20) What are the disadvantages in using of checkpoints?
21) In QuickTest Pro can we insert Checkpoints programmatically? How?
22) What are the differences between actions and functions and which are better?
23) How create methods in QTP?
24) How to enhance tests with windows API functions?
25) What are the major differences between functions and actions in QTP? What advantages there in functions than actions?
26) What is Automation Object Model?
27) What is Windows Script Host?
28) What is exception handling?
29) What is the difference between constants and variables in VB Script?
30) How test engineer identifies when programmatic descriptions are useful?
31) How to retrieve data from application objects?
32) How to build scripts that access data from external resources?
33) What is object spy used for?
34) What is the purpose of input parameters?
35) What is an action? How many types of actions are there in QTP?
36) What is a virtual object? How to configure virtual objects?
37) What are dynamic objects?
38) What is the function of description object?
39) What is the advantage of associating a procedure to a test object?
40) How to create a library file?
41) What are the disadvantages in using actions?
42) What are the extensions of QTP files?
43) How to handle dynamic objects?
44) What are the differences between checkpoint and output value?
45) How to handle Repositories dynamically?
46) What is the use of environment variables?
47) What is a Regular Expression, where we use this feature in QTP?
48) What is the advantage of Dynamic Descriptive Programming than Static?
49) What are the limitations of QuickTest?
50) How to capture a moving image in QTP?
51) What is Smart Identification in QTP and explain it?
52) How many folders are created in one Test Execution in QTP?
53) What is Description object in QTP?
54) What are the Properties you use for identifying a Browser, a Page when using descriptive programming?
55) How do you measure Transaction Time in QTP other than Using of Start and End Transaction Points?
HP QTP FAQ -