Performance Tips for QTP Scripts
I would suggest some performance tips in order to increase QTP Performance.
• Do not load unnecessary Add ins, they reduces QTP tool performance.
• Try to avoid using of Active screen feature, so that we increase QTP Tool performance.
• Make sure your global object sync-time is set to 10 sec. (file->settings->run).
• Make sure to time limit .exist commands (e.g. use .Exist(0) ).
• Make sure your code doesn't wait for an event which has already occurred
For example, if you're in a wait loop for a window to show, don't always wait for 40 sec.
Instead, wait until 40 sec. have passed OR until the window appears.
This way if the window appears after 5 sec., you won't waste the other 35 sec.
• Disable smart identification if possible.
• Switch to fast run mode (tools->options->run).
• Don't use the video record option unless you must (tools->options->run).
• If your test results are flooded with hundreds of useless messages, use the filter property to block Split long code segments into external functions / multiple actions
• Run the scripts on a strong machine - Recommended 1.5GB RAM, P4 3GHz (a core-due or a quad processors core would be much better).
• Increase the usage of reusable components (either Actions or Functions) in order to reduce the size of the code.