Testing FAQ Part-5
118. What is Use Case?
The specification of tests that are conducted from the end-user perspective. Use cases tend to focus on operating software as an end-user would conduct their day-to-day activities.
119. What is Unit Testing?
Testing of individual software components.
120. how do the companies expect the defect reporting to be communicated by the tester to the development team. Can the excel sheet template be used for defect reporting. If so what are the common fields that are to be included ? who assigns the priority and severity of the defectTo report bugs in excel:
Sno. Module Screen/ Section Issue detail Severity
this is how to report bugs in excel sheet and also set filters on the Columns attributes.
But most of the companies use the share point process of reporting bugs In this when the project came for testing a module wise detail of project is inserted to the defect management system they are using. It contains following field
2. Issue brief
3. Issue description (used for developer to regenerate the issue)
4. Issue status( active, resolved, on hold, suspend and not able to regenerate)
5. Assign to (Names of members allocated to project)
6. Priority(High, medium and low)
7. Severity (Major, medium and low)
121. How do you plan test automation?
1. Prepare the automation Test plan
2. Identify the scenario
3. Record the scenario
4. Enhance the scripts by inserting check points and Conditional Loops
5. Incorporated Error Handler
6. Debug the script
7. Fix the issue
8. Rerun the script and report the result
122. Does automation replace manual testing?
There can be some functionality which cannot be tested in an automated tool so we may have to do it manually. therefore manual testing can never be replaced. (We can write the scripts for negative testing also but it is hectic task)when we talk about real environment we do negative testing manually.
123. How will you choose a tool for test automation?
choosing of a tool depends on many things ...
1. Application to be tested
2. Test environment
3. Scope and limitation of the tool.
4. Feature of the tool.
5. Cost of the tool.
6. Whether the tool is compatible with your application which means tool should be able to interact with your application
7. Ease of use
124. How you will evaluate the tool for test automation?
We need to concentrate on the features of the tools and how this could be beneficial for our project. The additional new features and the enhancements of the features will also help.
125. How you will describe testing activities?
Testing activities start from the elaboration phase. The various testing activities are preparing the test plan, Preparing test cases, Execute the test case, Log teh bug, validate the bug & take appropriate action for the bug, Automate the test cases.
126. What testing activities you may want to automate?
Automate all the high priority test cases which needs to be executed as a part of regression testing for each build cycle.
127. Describe common problems of test automation.
The common problems are:
1. Maintenance of the old script when there is a feature change or enhancement
2. The change in technology of the application will affect the old scripts
128. What types of scripting techniques for test automation do you know?
5 types of scripting techniques:
129. What is memory leaks and buffer overflows ?
Memory leaks means incomplete deallocation - are bugs that happen very often. Buffer overflow means data sent as input to the server that overflows the boundaries of the input area, thus causing the server to misbehave. Buffer overflows can be used.
130. What are the major differences between stress testing,load testing,Volume testing?
Stress testing means increasing the load ,and checking the performance at each level. Load testing means at a time giving more load by the expectation and checking the performance at that level. Volume testing means first we have to apply initial.
Click on below Links for Interview Questions
Manual Testing Interview Questions - 1
Manual Testing Interview Questions - 2
Manual Testing Interview Questions - 3
Manual Testing Interview Questions - 4
Manual Testing Interview Questions - 5
Manual Testing Interview Questions - 6
Manual Testing Interview Questions - 7
Manual Testing Interview Questions - 8
Manual Testing Interview Questions - 9
Manual Testing Interview Questions - 10