Insurance Advisor Resume
Title: Insurance Manager/Advisor
- A competent professional with 12 years of experience in Strategic Planning, Operations Management, Underwriting Operations, Claims & Risk Management, Process Improvement, Business Development, Client Relationship Management, SLA Management and Team Management
- Currently associated with Emirates Airlines Group, Dubai, United Arab Emirates as Insurance Controller
- Demonstrated excellence in managing underwriting & claims processing for insurance products on coverage, appraisal, and verifiable damage Proficient in spearheading operations / business with an aim to accomplish corporate plans & goals successfully
- Adept at scrutinizing claims in all lines of Insurance like Property, Liability, Marine and Miscellaneous including death & health portfolio as well as recommending sanction of claim payment after crosschecking credentials of the claim
- A strategic planner with expertise in designing and implementing risk mitigation systems / procedures to enhance the overall efficiency of the organisation in line with the corporate business goals.
- Demonstrated excellence in interfacing with underwriters for adequate risk coverages in accordance with the business requirements.
- Domain expertise in having a significant financial impact for claims as well as instituting measures for minimizing the risk of losses, resulting in reduction of unforeseen events.
- A keen performer who has effectively contributed to enhancing organizational processes through initiatives geared towards lowering risk, heightening productivity & improving internal controls
- Excellence in underwriting & managing claims of Property, Liability, Motor, Marine, Medical, Engineering, Life, Personal Accident & Miscellaneous Insurance and reassessing them for providing suggestion for their settlement
- An effective communicator with honed interpersonal, planning, problem solving, negotiation and motivational skills
Leading, mentoring & monitoring the performance of team members to ensure efficiency in process operations and meeting of individual & group targets
Creating and sustaining a dynamic environment that fosters development opportunities and motivates high performance amongst team members
Setting & enhancing quality standards for operational areas by conducting regular review of systems thereby identifying opportunities for process initiatives & automations
Generating and compiling reports based on his or her findings, complete with recommended improvements to or new requirements for business processes and operational procedures
Deciding whether applications for insurance cover (risks) should be accepted and on what terms after assessing a risk according to the likelihood of a claim being made by weighing up a number of factors
Designing and managing end-to-end medical management process, risk investigation and vendor management process including system and process design
Claims & Risk Management:
Study / Identifying bad risk of insured property and suggest required protective mechanisms (Sprinkler, Hydrant and various detection system) to improve the Risk according to NFPA or FM Global standards
Identifying risk areas for the organisation, placing effective control mechanisms and mitigating losses on account of fraudulent claim practices, designing risk policies for the organisation from claims control perspective and ensuring that actual losses do not erode the actuarial pricing assumptions
Assessing claims, managing pay-outs and claimant queries/ complaint, attending disputes tribunals and finding amicable solution for the same
Strategic Planning – Project/ Program Management - Trainings
Treasury Management – Delivering Projects - Insurance Management
• MBA (Finance), Nagpur University, Maharashtra,
• M Com, Nagpur University, Maharashtra,
• B Com, Nagpur University, Maharashtra,
NEXT GEN Leadership Training
Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company Limited
Management Trainee, Kolkata & Hyderabad
Assistant Branch Supervisor – Operations, Amravati (Maharashtra)
- Essayed a key role in underwriting & issuance of policies within TAT
- Played a stellar role in policy servicing for area office, branch offices & complaint resolution
- Handled completion ratio & TAT – policy issuance for both clean cases & requirement cases
- Efficiently assisted in achieving branch GWP targets
- Managed DCB tally status
- Carried out:
- Policy dispatch, policy docket movement & cash management
- Quarterly audit of branch offices & compliance thereof
- Ensured effective compliance with statutory requirements
- Successfully imparted product training for FSCs’ & underwriting training CSEs’/ CSRs’
MetLife India Insurance Company Ltd.
Spearhead activities related to financial reengineering including preparation of business requirement document for setting up of product and for other functional/ inter-departmental business requirements.
Ensure availability of requirements and conduct tests on functionalities/ modules.
Review and formulate resolutions to inter department production issues.
Render support to the finance team on PADM (Individual & Group Business), Parallel linked systems to PADM, Reporting Modules, Month End support to revenue and other teams.
Focus on development & maintenance of productive banking relationships and establishment of new tie ups based on business requirement in compliance to domestic & international treasury policy.
Coordinate with domestic & international teams in validation & reporting on bank charges.Monitor CMS service across India including month end compilation of outstanding & ageing report on collections.
Involved in preparation of reports like Reconciliation for PAN India Collections, Bank Reconciliation for Unit linked accounts and month-end Support to Investment Accounting.
Reliance Life Insurance Company Private Limited, Mumbai
Assistant Manager – Advisor Licensing
- SPOC to CDA STMs’ (Team strength of 58 members)
- Handled Master Trainers payouts and appointments
- Maintained license records and publish the reports across functions and all branches
- Analyzed data of appeared / registered and passed candidates on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Resolved queries related to License and results of advisors
- Uploaded results of all candidates online and on internal dashboard of the organization
- Consolidated and sharing data related to results of candidates with all branches across nation
- Coordinated with internal IT team for updating and up gradation of data on internal system
- Managed current vendors and their contract documents and communicated with vendors on time to time basis.
- Coordinated with finance department for settlement of vendor bills
- Coordinated with company trainers across nation regarding issues related to training of the advisors on monthly basis and updating same to the internal higher management
- Downloaded results from IRDA website and prepared MIS and sharing with higher management and branches across the nation
- Resolved branch queries on daily basis and replied on timely manner
- Communicated with NSE-IT in case of any issues related to results
Torus Insurance Business Solutions
Job Objective: Senior Analyst ( Insurance operation support)
Key Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for all Quality related issues for claims and Underwriting operations team.
- Auditing the Data (in Guidewire- claim center) and (Genius – Underwriting processing) Post Closing process for both International & US Lobs.( for Aviation , Property&Casualty)
- Identifying fields where maximum number of errors occurred.
- Evaluate analytical methods and procedures to determine how they might be improved.
- Improved customer satisfaction by 15% in two months, reduce the audit %.
- Supply quality control data necessary for regulatory submissions. Continuous Improvements and best Practice Sharing.
- Preparing different reports like: Signoff report, Root Cause Analysis Report and Audit reports.
- Working with the development team to get the bugs fixed.
- Bridging the gap in domain understanding between the client and operations team.Refresher training and assements to build the gap.
- Driving the Quality Concepts – Audit Analysis, Feedback and Calibrations.
- Prepare Procedure Manuals for process guidelines.
- Conducted regular user support groups within underwriting and claims to ensure effective implementation of system and process change.
- Basic Insurance Training and understanding of aplications for new resources.
- Point of contact for all the escalations and enquiries for US, UK and Europe Operations(for lobs;Aviation , Property & Casualty).
- Reporting Business Metrics to Leadership (i.e. MIS reporting -Dashboards\ Service Levels and Volumes Run charts using various tools).
- Participate in the audio/video conferences as & when required.
- Involment in reenginering and process improvement. Understanding & working on the concept of End to End Process solutions.
Xchanging Technologies Services, UK.
Project: Huxley (Company Direct Insurance business) Transition 2010
- Involved in testing of PEGA to be used by Brokers of London Market.(xchanging)
- Interacting with the Company (Lirma) Brokers regarding any clarification on the submitted quotations.
- Getting trained in Company business work.
- Analyzing Underwriters quotations.
- Preparing & over checking the Underwriting Quotations.
- Achieved Bright Star Award for 1st Quarter 2013 in Torus Business solution.
- Achieved Spot light Award in Torus Business solution 2012.
- Achieved Excellence service Award in 2010
- Achieved Hard Work Award for 3rd quarter 2008
- Achieved Star of the Month Award in 2008& 2009 from the Production Head Xchanging India.
- Won BPS Champ Award for 2008-09 from the Production Head Xchanging.
- Insurance Diplomas: AIII (General) with Distinction from Insurance Institute of India, Mumbai in 2004
- Pursuing FIII ( Re Insurance & Risk Management papers cleared)
- C Engineering & MIE; IRDA License No. SLA 42786 in 2003
2010 Associate (Life Insurance) from Insurance Institute of India, Mumbai
2006 Licentiate (Life Insurance) from Insurance Institute of India, Mumbai
Father’s Name : MVS Murty
Languages known : English, Hindi,Telugu
Nationality : Indian
Marital status : Married