Domain Knowledge for Software Testers
(Banking Domain Knowledge for Software Professionals (Developers, Testers etc…), Types of Banks, Types of Bank Accounts, Types of Deposits, Types of Loans, and Banking Terminology).
2) Insurance Domain Knowledge for Testers
(Insurance Domain Knowledge for Software Professionals (Developers, Testers etc…), Types of Insurance, Types of Policies, Insurance Claims, Claims Management, and Insurance Industry Terms.)
3) ERP Domain Knowledge for Testers
(Enterprise Resource Planning Domain Knowledge for Software Testers, Human Resources Managements, Stores management, Sales and Distribution, Marketing, Finance, and Customer Relation Management).
4) Healthcare Domain Knowledge for Testers
(Healthcare Domain knowledge for Testers, Hospital Management System, Health Insurance, Claims Processing System, and Healthcare Industry Terminology).
5) ECommerce Domain Knowledge for Testers
(Electronic Commerce Domain knowledge for Software Testers, Business to Business Systems, Business to Customers, Customers to Business and Customers to Customers, Online Shopping, Online Marketing and Ecommerce Terminology).
(Structured Query Language knowledge for Software Testers, SQL Operators, Functions, Queries, Sub-Queries, Joins, Views, Normalization, and Database Management. SQL knowledge for Database Testing (Manual Testing and Test Automation/Automated Testing)).
2) UNIX knowledge for Testers
(UNIX Operating Environment knowledge for Software Testers, Structure of UNIX Operating System, UNIX Commands, flavors of UNIX like Linux, Solaris etc…, and Operating Software Applications on UNIX Operating Environment)
3) Programming Knowledge for Testers
(Computer Programming Fundamentals for Software Testers to conduct Automated Testing, Computer Programming Fundamentals like Data Types, Variables, Operators, Flow Control, Functions / Methods, Error Handling etc…)
4) Essentials for Software Testing
(Essentials for Software Testing, Operating Systems knowledge, SQL Knowledge, Domain Knowledge, Programming knowledge and Documentation skills. Manual Testing Fundamentals, Test Automation basics and Others.)
5) Banking Software Projects
(Banking Software Applications, Core Banking System, ATM Banking System, Internet/Online Banking System, Mobile Banking System, Forex Management System, Treasury Management System, and Asset Liability Management System)
Importance of Domain Knowledge
• Nowadays, Testing is mandatory for every Software Application it is Banking Application or Insurance Application or ERP Application or Telecom Application or Healthcare Application, if you want conduct Testing on any Software Application you must have some domain knowledge in order to understand the Business operations of Software Application.
• Usually Companies provide Domain knowledge for Fresher by providing Training programs or knowledge sharing.
• If you want Test Online Banking Application then you must know,
Bill Payments, Etc… Business Operations.
• If you want to Test Hospital Management Software then you must know,
Inpatient, Out Patient,
Medical Tests, Lab Reports,
Bill Payments (cash payment, Card payment, Insurance Claim) etc… Business Operations.
• If you want Test Online Shopping Portal then you must know,
Payments etc… Business Operations.
• If you want to conduct Database Testing/Back-end Testing, SQL Knowledge is mandatory.
• If you want Test any Software Application on UNIX Operating Environment then UNIX Operating System knowledge is Mandatory.
• If you want Automate Software Test process (Functional Test Automation) using any Test Tool then Programming knowledge is Mandatory.
• If you want write Test Plan, Test Cases, Collect Test Data, Report Defects, Collect Test metrics and Test Summary Report then Documentation knowledge (Ex: MS Excel, MS Word etc..) is Mandatory.