UFT Interview Questions Video
UFT Interview Questions and Answers
1) What is UFT Tool?
HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT) is a Functional and Regression Test Tool, upgraded version of QTP Tool.
UFT = QTP + Service Tools
QTP (QuickTest Professional) supports GUI (Windows and Web based) Testing only, but UFT Supports GUI and API Testing.
2) What are the minimum requirements for installing UFT Tool?
To successfully install and run HP UFT, minimum system requirements are:
Computer/Processor: Pentium IV or higher microprocessor (minimum 1 Ghz)
Operating System: Windows 7 and higher
Memory: Minimum of 1GB when no more than three add-ins are loaded simultaneously.
Color Settings: High Color (16 bit)
Graphics Card: Graphics card with 64 MB video memory
Free Hard Disk Space: 1 GB of free disk space for application files and folders.
3) What is the difference between UFT and QTP?
Upgraded version of QTP is UFT,
HP Unified Functional Testing = QTP + Service Test Tool.
4) What is API Testing?
API (Application Programming Interface) testing is checking Application Programming Interface of a Software System.
5) What is the difference between API Testing and Unit Testing?
API – Application Programming Interface
GUI – Graphical User Interface
A GUI is the user-facing side of a program, the part that a user interacts with, and controls the program with. Common elements of such interfaces are buttons, text fields, check boxes, etc.
An API is generally used by a program (rather than a human) to interact with or control another program.
6) Does UFT support UNIX operating Environment?
UFT doesn’t support UNIX operating environment, supports Windows operating environment only.
7) What are the internal Add ins available in UFT Tool?
i) Standard Windows
iii) Visula Basic
8) What is the built-in Add in available in UFT?
9) What is the Add in for supporting Mainframe Applications?
TE (Terminal Emulators)
10) If we load unnecessary Add ins then what will happen?
UFT Tool test execution performance will be reduced.
11) What is the supporting Add in for Oracle RDBMS?
In Order to communicate any Database, no Add in is required, using an integrated MS Access Database Engine UFT can perform Database operations.
12) How to Test D2K Application using UFT Tool?
No Add in is available for supporting D2K Applications.
13) How to select appropriate Add ins for AUT(Application Under Test)
First get Application Environment Details from Development team then based on User Interface design technology select Add ins.
14) How UFT supports Database operations?
UFT has an integrated MS Access Database engine, we execute use SQL commands in UFT Editor,
and using VBScript Database objects (Database Connection object, Recordset object) also UFT can perform Database operations.
15) What is the file format for exporting UFT Tests?
Using .ZIP format UFT can export Tests
16) What is the major change in UFT over QTP?
QTP supports GUI Testing only where as UFT supports API and GUI testing of Desktop and Web based Applications.
17) What is Test Automation?
Accessing software objects from another Software.
18) What type of Tests can be automated?
i) Tests that we have to execute on every build (Ex: Sanity Tests)
ii) Tests that we have to execute on modified build (Ex: Regression Tests)
iii) Tests that we have to execute using mutiple sets of Test data.
19) What type of tests can’t be automated?
i) Test Cases that are newly designed and not executed manually at least once.
ii) Test Cases for which the requirements are changing frequently.
iii) Tests that require human user observation.
20) When to start Test Automation?
Depends on the Project, depends on company and some times depends on Customer interest also.
21) If UFT is not recognizing some our Application objects then what are the solutions?
We have 3 levels of Solutions:
i) Tool Level solutions
a) Object Identification configuration
b) Use Low level and Insight Record modes
c) Use virtual object configuration
ii) Organization level solution:
Ask development team to provide proper propertie information for unrecognized objects.
iii) Vendor level solution:
Raise ticket to vendor
22) Can we start Test design process if AUT is not ready?
Yes, we can
Using define New Test Objects feature we can start Test design even though application is not ready.
23) How to test input domain using UFT Tool?
Using Conditional statements and some built-in functions we can test input domain.
24) What types of License available for UFT?
UFT has 2 types of License
i) Seat License
ii) Concurrent License
25) How UFT stores its resources?
UFT stores it’s resources using File format on Hard disk(File System)
26) What is Test Batch Runner Tool?
It is for executing series of tests (Test batches) with out human user interaction.
27) Can we open multiple Tests at a time in UFT Tool?
Yes, we can open multiple Tests at a time in UFT using Add Test Command (Available in File menu).
28) What are the two programming interfaces in UFT Tool?
i) UFT Tool Editor
ii) Function Library
29) What Run-time object?
The Object present in the Application.
30) What is Test Object?
Reference of Run-time object is called Test Object.
31) What are Utility objects?
They are UFT reserved objects used for Testing and Result Reporting.
32) What are Automation Objects?
User defined objects used to work with Drives, Folders and Files etc…
33) What is Virtual Object?
virtual object is an object that is recognized by QTP as non-standard but is instructed explicitly by the tester to behave like a standard object.
34) Give some object examples in Windows based environment?
Software objects in Windows environment:
Window, Dialog box, Edit box, text box, check box, List box, Drop down box, Combo box, Button, Radio button etc…
35) Give some object examples in Web based environment?
Software objects in Web environment:
Browser, Page, Image, Link, Edit box, text box, check box, List box, Drop down box, Combo box, Button, Radio button etc…
36) How to create shared object repository?In two ways we can create
shared object repositories in UFT,
i) By Adding Objects
ii) By Exporting Local objects
37) How to encode password value without using Recording?
Using Password encoder Tool.
38) How to delete Test Results?
Using Test Results Deletion Tool.
39) What are the different types of status of Test Result?
40) How to define Test results?
Using Reporter utility object we can define Test Results.
41) Why Tester need to define Test Result?
42) What is the file extension of UFT Test?
43) How many types of objects available in Web Applications and what are they?
44) What is the difference between Editor View and Keyword View?
45) What is Test Recording?
46) What is Test Run process?
47) How many types of Record modes available in UFT Tool?
48) What is the New Record mode added in UFT, that not available in QTP?
49) What is context sensitive recording?
50) What is Analog Recording?
51) What are the advantages of Recording?
52) What are the disadvantages of Recording?
53) Can we edit recorded scripts?
54) Some operations can’t be recorded give an example?
55) How to generate non-recordable statements?
56) What is Active Screen?
57) What is Data table?
58) What is purpose of Errors Pane?
59) What is web services testing, does UFT support it?
60) What are the configurable features available in UFT Tool?
61) What is Object Spy?
62) In how many ways we can generate Tests in UFT Tool?
63) What is Statement or Step?
64) What are the different types of statements that we use in UFT Test?
65) What is Action?
66) Does UFT support Performance Testing?
67) Can we integrate UFT and LoadRunner?
68) What is the Add in for integrating UFT with ALM (formerly Quality center)?
69) What is Step Generator?
70) What is Checkpoint?
71) How many checkpoints available in UFT Tool?
72) What is the newly added checkpoint in UFT?
73) What are the hidden checkpoints in UFT Tool?
74) How to insert hidden checkpoints?
75) What is Output value?
76) How many Output values available in UFT Tool?
77) What is the newly added Output value in UFT?
78) How to measure Test transaction time?
79) How to launch Software Application in UFT?
80) What is Debugging?
81) When we debug Tests?
82) How to Debug Tests?
83) What are the important debug commands available in VBScript?
84) What is dry run?
85) What is the purpose of Conditional statements in UFT Test Automation?
86) What is the purpose of Loop statements in UFT Test Automation?
87) What is Parameterization?
88) What are the advantages of Parameterization?
89) How to Parameterize Tests?
90) What is Data Driven Testing?
91) What is the relation between Parameterization and Data Driven Testing?
92) What is environment variable?
93) What is the purpose of environment variables?
94) What is the file extension for Environment variables file?
95) What is Synchronization?
96) Why Synchronization?
97) When Synchronization is required?
98) What is the default synchronization time in UFT?
Default Synchronization Time is 20 seconds, but user (Tester) can increase or decrease the Time.
99) How to Synchronize UFT and AUT?
Using Wait statement, Synchronization point and by increasing the Tool default Synchronization we can Synchronize UFT and AUT (Application Under Test).
100) What is Recovery scenario?
101) What is the file extension for Recovery scenario?
102) Can we edit Recovery scenarios?
We can edit Recovery Scenarios using Recovery Scenarios Manager in UFT.
103) What is the difference between UFT Tool and Selenium Tool?
104) What is Dynamic Object?
105) How to handle Dynamic Objects?
Using Regular expressions we can handle Dynamic Objects.
106) What are Duplicate Objects?
Two or more Objects with same property values.
107) How to handle Duplicate Objects?
Using index property we can handle Duplicate Objects.
108) What is Description object?
109) What is Descriptive Programming?
Enter or provide Objects information (properties and values) directly into statements is called Descriptive Programming.
110) What is Dynamic Descriptive programming?
Creating Description objects and generating statements using description objects is called Dynamic DescriptiveFollow me on social media: