UFT Object Repository
7:52 AM G C REDDY 1 COMMENT
UFT Object Repository
1) What is Object Repository?
It is a storage place to store Test Objects information.
2) What type of Object repositories available in UFT?
UFT has 2 types of Object Repositories,
i) Local Object Repository
ii) Shared Object Repository
3) What is Local Object Repository?
> UFT creates a local repository for every Action automatically during Recording.
> User can edit local objects (Add, Rename, delete)
> It is an Internal file, UFT saves local repository files along with Test Scripts.
4) What is Shared Object Repository?
> User creates Shared object Repository files either By Adding objects or By exporting Local objects.
> Shared object Repository files are External files, user need to maintain external files.
> User can edit shared objects.
> Shared object Repository file extension is .tsr
5) What are the important operations on Object Repository?
Important Operations on Object Repository:
i) Add Objects (Local and Shared)
ii) Rename Objects (Local and Shared)
iii) Delete Objects (Local and Shared)
iv) Export Local objects
v) Merge Object Repositories
vi) Associate Shared object Repositories
vii) Load Shared Object Repository at Run-time.
viii) Map Objects in between OR and AUT
ix) Export Shared object repository to XML/Import from XML
x) Define New Test Objects
6) Why we need to associate Shared object Repositories?
In order to create and execute tests manually we associate shared object repositories.
7) How to load a Shared object Repository at run-time?
Using Repositories utility object we can load a Shared object Repository at run-time.
RepositoriesCollection.Add “path of the shared object repository”
8) How to map objects in between Object Repository and AUT?
Using view options we can map objects in between Object Repository and AUT,
We have 2 view options,
i) Highlight in Application (works from Object Repository to Application Under Test)
ii) Locate in Repository (works from Application Under Test to Object Repository)
9) What is the use of exporting Test objects to XML?
By Exporting Test Objects to XML we can edit test objects without UFT tool.
10) What is the use of “Define new objects” feature?
Using this feature we can start test design process even though Application is not ready.Follow me on social media: