Company: NETMAGIC IT SERVICES PRIVATE Limited
Experience: 3 – 6 yrs
Job Description :
Primary Responsibilities :
- Monitor databases and DB parameters using tools
- Troubleshoot DB level incidents
Installation and configuration of SQL servers and services
- Use tools to Apply database service packs, and Security Patches
- Manage Backup for all 2000, 2005 and 2008 Servers / create Database Backup Plan
- Check Deadlocks using Service manager (by HP) and monitor server.
- Create Daily and Weekly Maintenance Plan For all SQL- 2000, 2005 and 2008 Databases.
- Resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues, and trouble shoot database issues.
- Manage security of database structures
- Maintain Maintenance Plan LOG.
- Perform day to day DB administration e.g Shring DB, create / delete users, create/delet SQL server roles etc
- Interact with client for identifying new requirements and analyse the requirements to translate into DB configuration
- Perform Database migration as well as version upgradation activity.
- Apart from SQL, perform standard checks on Oracle and DB2 databases
- Perform first level troubleshooting on Oracle and DB2 databases as per defined SOPs
- Escalate Oracle and DB2 issues to remote L3 team and work with remote team to resolve the issue
Secondary Responsibilities :
- Support the Site leader in generating reports and presenting to customer
- Backup the OS system administrator for OS related work
Sql Database administration MSSQL DBA SQL DBA