Quality Assurance Tester – Selenium
Company: eNFLUENCE IT Services
Experience: 5 – 10 yrs
We are looking to start using more NoSQL databases like MongoDB and InfluxDB as well as revisiting our current charting solution with a view to start a greenfield project to allow for future growth, new functionality, performance and is easily maintainable.
Our charting solution listens to price data, processes this data to store bar intervals and provide API’s for the platforms to query so they can then show the charts required by customers.
Our REST API team is to focus on producing highly scalable API’s which can handle low latency and high load.
We work using an agile scrum methodology using sprints to deliver the software and we do multiple releases per sprint of different components.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst who must be strong with manual testing methods for API’s and user interfaces as well as diligent in finding and logging bugs. They must be able to reproduce issues reported and coordinate with developers in resolving them.
Position Accountability /Job Duties :
- Liaise with the business/developers/BAs at concept stage to determine testing strategy and coverage
- Determine if the software will perform according to the user request and conform to guidelines
- Assess the impact and risks of new functionality introduced into the system
- Actively participate in sprint planning sessions and ensure requirements are clear and complete
- Provide accurate estimation for sprint planning
- Create test cases, BDD specifications and data (manual and automated)
- Ensure that adequate test coverage is provided
- Participate in team stand ups
- Actively implement Test Automation where possible
- Understand and maintain the existing test automation suite where required
- Execute test scripts and analyze and record results
- Identify defects/anomalies and investigate their cause. Document and track these defects.
- Recommend improvements or corrections to developers or system analysts
- Review logs and reports to identify program processing errors and possible improvements
- Document high level user guides and train others in new functionality areas or software tools
- Monitor multiple projects/software changes from concept to release and confirm correct behavior after release to live
- Understand and adhere to the Gain Capital Change Request process
- Be responsible for all phases of testing across various test environments
- Coordinate with Service Delivery teams to ensure the timely and correct release of software to live
- Contribute towards improving the QA process and quality standards across the organization
- Evaluate testing tools and software that can be implemented to aid QA and maximize testing coverage
- Be an active participant in sprint retrospectives and take any actions forward for continual improvement on the team’s ability to deliver
- Actively participate in knowledge sharing and team building exercises and be a champion of knowledge sharing
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Expertise & Skills :
- Good knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Good knowledge of QA practices and processes
- Experience of testing web and client-server applications
- Experience working in an Agile environment and BDD
- Experience in testing financial applications especially Trading platforms and services and reporting solutions
- Experience in testing RESTful, SOAP as well as windows services.
- Experience working in all phases of software testing right from requirements analysis up until QA/UAT sign off and release to live
- Basic SQL skills
- Experience in building, deploying and releasing software by working with developers
- Experience working with version control, build & deployment and test management tools preferably Microsoft Team Foundation Server and Test Manager
- Experience in debugging software
- Experience in reviewing application code
- Experience in building tools and utilities for automating testing tasks
- Strong in Programming fundamentals and ability to program in at least one programming language preferably C# would be beneficial
- Experience in test automation using a BDD tool preferably Fitnesse is a plus
- Good business/ financial knowledge especially Trading CFDs, spread betting and Forex would be helpful
- Computer skills, knowledge of MS Office full package application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- Excellent command of oral and written in English and Arabic.
SeleniumREST APIBDDTestingSoftware Quality AssuranceNoSQLMongoDBSoftware Testing Tools
UG:Any Graduate – Any Specialization
PG:Any Postgraduate – Any Specialization
Contact Company:eNFLUENCE IT Services