Selenium Training Syllabus
Selenium Training Syllabus, Selenium Fundamentals, Java for Selenium, TestNG Testing Framework for Selenium, and Selenium Automation Framework.
In Selenium Testing we have 4 levels of testing . They are Functional Testing in Unit Testing , Functional Testing in Integration Testing ,Functional Testing in System Testing ,Functional Testing in Acceptance Testing .
Now we are going to know briefly about different types of levels of Testing
*Functional Testing in Unit Testing
• It is also known as Component Testing Level . It comprises the top level of tests in in the Software Development Life Cycle .
• It involves in the validating the smallest piece of code that can be logically isolated .
• It is a type of software testing in which individuals units or components of a software are tested . The purpose is to validate that each unit of the software code performs as expected .
• Unit Testing is done during the development of an application by the developers .
Types of Unit Testing :
There are three types of Unit Testing . They are
I Black Box Testing – It is used when the user interface , input and output are tested
ii. White Box Testing – It is used to test each one of those functions behavior is tested .
iii. Grey Box Testing – It is used to execute tests , risks and assessment methods .
*Functional Testing in Integration Testing
• Integration Testing is a level of software testing where individual units are combined and tested to verify if they are working as they intend to when integrated
• The main here is to test the interface between the modules .
• Integration Testing makes sure that the interaction between different components of the software is completed smoothly without any complications .
Types of Integration Testing :
The following are the some of the types of Integration Testing
• big-bang , mixed(sandwich) , risky-hardest , top-down and bottom-up .
• Functional Testing in System Testing
• System Testing is conducted on a complete integrated system to evaluate the system’s compliance with its specified requirements .
• System Testing takes all the integrated components that have passed the integration testing as input .
Types of System Testing :
The following are the some of the types of System Testing .
• Regression Testing
• Load Testing
• Recovery Testing
• Migration Testing
• Software and Hardware Testing
Functional Testing in Acceptance Testing
• Acceptance Testing is the most important phase of testing as this decides whether the client approves the application/software or not .
• Acceptance Testing is conducted to determine if the requirements of a specification or contract are met .
• This type of testing is done by users, customers, or other authorized entities to determine application/software needs and business processes .
Types of Acceptance Testing :
• Alpha & Beta Testing
• Contract Acceptance Testing
• Regulation Acceptance Testing
• Operational Acceptance Testing
Selenium is an Automation Tool for Functional & Regression Testing in System Testing and Acceptance Test Levels.
Test Tool –
We use Selenium WebDriver as a Test Tool for
(Locating Elements, Performing Actions on the Elements)
In Selenium Testing we use Eclipse IDE as Editor i.e.,
• For Writing and & Executing the Java Programs .
• For Writing and Executing the Selenium Test cases ( Test script ) .
Integrating other software with Selenium (Java, TestNG, Maven, etc…)
Programming Language – Java – Software Application development – To write Selenium Test cases
(We use programming syntax to write test steps, variables & data types, operators, control flow, methods/functions, exception handling, etc.,)
• JUnit/TestNG – Unit Test Framework – Test Runner
• JUnit is an open-source framework is used to trigger and write test cases
• TestNG is a Java based framework that is an upgraded option for running tests.
• JUnit supports to run parallel tests.
• TestNG can run parallel tests.
• In TestNG we follow the following sequence of steps . They are
• Creating Test Batches,
• Prioritize Test Cases,
• Group Test Cases,
• Execute test batches, and
• Generate Test Reports)
Build Automation Tool –
• It is optional
• The Primary purpose of Maven is to create Build Automation for Java
• The Secondary purpose of Maven is to Test Environment and Maintenance of Test Environment.
Automation Framework – Hybrid Framework.
Test Automation / Automated Testing using Selenium
Selenium WebDriver – API
• Selenium Test Environment Setup
• Inspecting HTML Elements – Using a Browser built-in feature.
• Locating HTML Elements – By Selenium WebDriver
• Performing Actions on the elements – By Selenium WebDriver
• Object Repositories – POM – Page Object Model
• Reusable Functions – Programming Methods
• Parameterization – Programming variables, arguments, etc,
• Data driven testing – Programming loops
• Handling Run-time errors – Java exception handling code
• Inserting Verification Points – Testing Framework assert methods
• Result Reporting – Testing Framework
Cross browser testing – By Selenium WebDriver
I. Java Programming (Java Standard Edition/Core Java)
Functionality Development (variables, operators, control flow, methods etc,)
*GUI Development (AWT, Swing, etc.)
Data – Variables
Behavior – Methods
Java Class members (Fields/Variables and Methods)
A. Java Programming Environment
Java keywords and identifiers
Java Program Structure
B. Java Language Fundamentals
Conditional/Decision making Statements
Numbers, Strings, Data Structures…
Input & Output
C. Java Object Oriented Programming
Methods (Built-in and User defined)
Java OOPS Fundamentals
D. Java Specialized Concepts
Java IO – File handling
II. Selenium WebDriver
• Install Selenium/Selenium Test Environment Setup
• Inspecting elements
• Locating Elements
• Performing Actions on AUT
• Page Object Model
• Create Selenium Test Cases
• Execute the Test Cases
III. TestNG Testing Framework
Install TestNG plug-in for Eclipse IDE
Create TestNG Test Cases
Prioritize Test cases
Group test cases
Execute test batches
Generate test reports
IV. Selenium Automation Framework (Hybrid Framework)
Selenium Test Environment Setup
Create a folder structure to store and organize Test automation resources.
Create Test Automation resources (Elements, Functions, Exceptions, Test Data, Test Results, etc,)
Create Test cases
Execute test cases
Analyze and Store Test Results
Maintain Test automation resources
Selenium Training SyllabusFollow me on social media: