Automation Test Estimation, Automated Testing using UFT or Selenium, Test Estimation Techniques, and Automation Test Plan Preparation.
Automation Estimation and Analysis
Approach (2 types)
• Functionality based (one to many)
• Scripts (Test case) based(one to one)
Should attend (take) Knowledge Transfer session on the given task
Automation Process 2 Stages
a. Analyzing the scripts (Test cases)
b. Preparing analysis sheet
c. Estimating the time
d. Sending summary for Approval
a. Preparing stricture
b. Preparing OR
c. Creating re-usable components and functions ect.
d. Creating scripts and Enhancing scripts
e. Dry run
f. Final Execution
g. Peer Execution
h. Delivery of scripts
Detailed study of stage one
Analyzing scripts: with out manual execution we can’t say whether scripts is automatable or not
• It is a critical and important stage
• Entire task lay on this stage
How many Scripts we can analyze we in a day?
As an automation engineers, we have to decide the script complexity for automation.
How can we decide whether the script is high or medium or low?
In order to decide that we will see a single script for example
Script ID Description Re- Useable Module Category Account Type Account Status Verification
# of Reusable Screens / Transactions # of Effective Screens / Transactions # of Steps # of Input Parameters # of Check Points # of Output Parameters # of Recovery Scenarios
Remark Script Complexity
SNO Complexity No of Scripts Days of Estimation
1 Very High 0 NA
2 High 8 8 * 4 hr =32 (4 Days)
3 Medium 12 12 * 2.5 hr = 30 (3.75 Days)
4 Low 10 10 * 2 hr = 20 (2.5 Day)
Total Scripts 30 Total 10.25 Days (82 hrs)
10.25 / 1 = 10.25
Script Clarification 0
Waiting for Data 0
3 Types of Maintenance (Modifications)
1. Corrective maintenance (Fixes): involved correcting software failures, performances failures, and implementation failures in order to keep the system working properly.
2. Adapting the system in response to changing data requirements or processing environments constitutes called as adaptive maintenance.
3. Perfective maintenance covers any enhancement to the system where the objective may be to provide additional functionality, increased processing efficiency, or improved maintainability.
Manual Testing, Selenium, Java, Python, and SQL Videos and Documents.