Selenium Tester Job Responsibilities, Selenium Test Environment Setup, Inspect HTML Elements, Implement Automation Framework, and Write Selenium Test Cases.
Software Testing (Manual and Automated) Tutorials
Selenium Tester Job Responsibilities
Selenium Job Responsibilities may vary from one company to another and one project to another, but I am covering this topic by considering several companies approaches or in general orientation.
We use Several Software/Tools in Automated Testing with Selenium, Example,
- Selenium WebDriver for Creating Basic Test Cases,
- Java or Other supported Programming for Enhancing Test Cases
- TestNG or other Supported Testing Framework for Grouping Test Cases, Prioritizing Test Cases, Executing Test Batches, and Generating Test Results.
- Selenium Grid for Parallel Test execution.
- Maven Integration for creating and maintaining Selenium Test Environment.
- Jenkins for Continuous Integration,
Selenium Knowledge for Fresher or below 1 Year Experienced
- Good Knowledge of Web Environment, Web Elements, and Operations on the Web Elements.
- Basic Understanding of Functional and Regression Test Automation.
- Good knowledge of Selenium suite of Tools (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver and Selenium Grid).
- Knowledge of Java Programming (Data Types, Variables, Operators, Flow Control Statements, Methods (Built-in as well as User-defined), Exception handling, File Handling, Excel file Operations, Database Operations and OOPS concepts).
- Good knowledge of Element Locators, Inspecting Elements, and Selenium WebDriver API Commands or Methods.
- The idea on Test Automation Framework implementation
- Ability to create & execute Test cases using Element Locators and Selenium WebDriver API Commands.
1+ Years Experience in Test Automation using Selenium
- Understanding Test Requirements and analyzing the Application under Test(AUT).
- Generating Test Cases (Test Scripts) using Selenium Element locators and WebDriver API Commands.
- Enhancing Test cases using Java Programming.
- Debugging Test Cases and Fixing Errors.
- Executing/Running Test Cases
- Defect Reporting & Tracking
- Test Reporting
2+ years of experience in Test Automation using Selenium
- Creating Test Automation Resources (Function Libraries etc…).
- Handling duplicate objects and dynamic objects using index property and Regular expressions.
- Collecting Test Data for Data-Driven Testing.
- Creating Test Cases (Test Scripts) using Selenium Webdriver, Java, and TestNG Annotations.
- Parameterization, Synchronization and define Test results.
- Debugging and Running Tests
- Analyzing Test Results
- Defect Reporting and Tracking using any Defect Management Tool.
- Test Reporting
- Modifying Tests and performing Re & Regression Testing.
3+ years of experience in Test Automation using Selenium
- Understanding and Analyzing the Application Under Test in terms of Object Identification.
- Creating Test scenarios and Collecting Test Data.
- Identifying end-to-end scenarios and code modularity.
- Implementing JUnit or TestNG Test Automation framework and developing automation infrastructure.
- Creating reusable components.
- Creating and enhancing Test Cases (Test Scripts) using Element locators, WebDriver methods, Java programming concepts, and TestNG Annotations.
- Error Handling, Adding comments.
- Creating Data-driven Tests and Running through the framework.
- Cross Browser Testing (Executing test cases against various browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, IE and Safari, etc…).
- Parallel Test Execution.
- Defining and exporting Test Results.
- Analyzing Test Results and Reporting Defects.
- Tracking Defects and Select Test cases for Re & Regression Testing.
- Modifying Test Automation Resources and Maintenance of Resources.
4+ years of experience in Test Automation using Selenium
- Selecting or Identifying Areas/Test cases for Automation.
- Designing & Implementing Test Automation Strategy.
- Creating Automation Test Plan and getting approvals.
- Choose selenium tools and Configuring Selenium Test Environment (Ex: Eclipse IDE, Java, Selenium WebDriver and TestNG, etc…).
- Involvement in Selenium Environment Setup…
- Automation Framework Design and Implementation.
- Creating, Organizing, and managing Test Automation Resources.
- Creating, Enhancing, debugging, and Running Test Cases.
- Organizing, monitoring defect management process.
- Handling changes and conducting Regression Testing.
- Finding solutions for Object Identification issues and error handling issues.
- Co-coordinating Test team members and Development team in order to resolve the issues.
- Interacting with client-side people to solve issues and update status.
- Understanding and Analyzing Test Requirements
- Automation Framework Design & Implementation
- Selenium Test Environment Setup (Maven Integration, Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNG and Jenkins Integration…)
- Inspecting Elements, Create Test Cases using Element locators and Selenium WebDriver Commands.
- Enhance Test cases using Java Programming and JUnit / TestNG Annotations.
- Maintenance of Automation Resources…