An Overview of Python Programming, Installation, Basic Syntax, Variables & Data Types, Operators, Control Flow, Functions, Data Structures, Modules, IO, File Handling, Exception Handling, and Object-Oriented Programming.
Python is a general-purpose, high-level, interpreted, interactive, object-oriented, open-source programming language.
Python was created by Guido Van Rossum in 1989, but publicly released in 1991, It is further developed by the Python Software Foundation, and Python official website is (python.org).
An Overview of Python Programming
Python environment is required to write and execute/run Python programs, so first, we need to download and install Python interpreter from Python web site python.org
Launch python.org, Download your operating system compatible Python software, install Python Software, and Set ‘Path’ while installation.
1. Python Installation/Environment Setup
2. Python Language Syntax
Modes of Programming in Python, Python Identifiers, Reserved Words, Lines and Indentation, Comments in Python, and Quotation in Python.
3. Python Variables
Variable is a named memory location to store the temporary data within a program.
Create/Declare Python Variables, Assigning Values to Variables, Variable Types in Python, Check Variable Type, and Variable Naming Rules.
4. Python Data Types
Python Built-in Data Types, Getting the Data Type, Setting the Data Type, and Setting the Specific Data Type.
5. Python Operators
Operators are used to performing Arithmetic, Comparison, and Logical Operations…
Arithmetic Operators, Comparison (Relational) Operators, Assignment Operators, Logical Operators, Identity Operators, and Bitwise Operators.
6. Python Control Flow – Decision Making
Python if, else, elif code blocks.
1. Execute a block of Statements when the condition is true.
2. Execute a block of Statements when a compound condition is true.
3. Execute a block of Statements when the condition is true otherwise execute another block of Statements
4. Decide among several alternates(elif)
5. Execute a block of Statements when more than one condition is true (Nested if)
7. Python Control Flow – Looping
A loop statement allows us to execute a statement or group of statements multiple times.
Python programming language provides two loop structures,
1. while loop
2. for loop
8. Python Control Flow – Branching
Python provides three branching statements break, continue and return.
9. String handling in Python
What is a String?, declaration of strings in Python, concatenating strings, and string comparison.
10. Python Data Strucures
A data structure is a particular way of organizing data in a computer so that it can be used effectively.
The data structure name indicates itself that organizing the data in memory.
11. Python Functions
What is a function, Types of Functions, Creating a Function, Calling a Function, Parameters or Arguments, and The return statement.
12. Python – Modules
A module is a file consisting of Python code. It can define functions, classes, and variables, and can also include runnable code. Any Python file can be referenced as a module.
What is Module?, Benefits of Modules, Types of Modules, Built-in Modules, User-defined Modules, and how to use modules.
13. Python User Input
Read Input, input() function, print() function, validate user input in Python, input type check, and read specific input.
14. File Handling in Python
Create a File, Delete a File, Read a Text File, and Write data to a text file.
15. Python Exception Handling
Common Exceptions in Python, Raising Exceptions, The try and except Block, The else Clause, and Defining Clean-up Actions.
16. Python Object-Oriented Programming
Class, Objects, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Abstraction, and Encapsulation.
Python Complete Tutorial
1. Introduction to Python Language
4. Python Keywords and Identifiers
9. Python Control Flow – Decision Making
10. Python Control Flow – Looping
11. Python Control Flow – Branching
18. Python Arrays
19. Python user-defined Functions
20. Python Built-in Functions
24. Python Exceptions Handling
25. Python Classes and Objects
26. Python Methods
27. Python Constructors
28. Python Inheritance
29. Python Polymorphism
30. Python Abstraction
31. Python EncapsulationFollow me on social media: