ISTQB Certification Levels, Certification Syllabus, Glossary of Terms, Foundation, Advanced and Expert Level Certifications, and Certification Dumps.
ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualification Board) is a non-profit organisation, founded in 2002 and legally registered in Belgium (Europe).
ISTQB is the leading global certification scheme in the field of software testing. It conducts various levels of certifications on Manual Testing (vendor-neutral).
ISTQB introduced a scheme called “ISTQB Certified Tester” which is regarded as the most competent certification for software testers worldwide.
ISTQB collaborate with their local boards in different countries to provide certifications to software testers from the respective countries.
Indian Testing Board website: https://www.istqb.in/
ISTQB Website: https://www.istqb.org/
ISTQB Certification Levels (Core, Agile and Specialist)
ISTQB offers certifications for software testers over three different groups. They are Core, Agile and Specialist. Each group has different levels of certifications such as Foundation, Advanced and Expert and each level is based on the experience and expert level of the qualifying candidate.
I. ISTQB Certification – Core
1. Core Foundation
- Certified Tester Foundation Level
ISTQB Foundation Level Certification Available soon
- Performance Testing
- Mobile Application Tester
- Gambling Industry Tester
- Usability Tester
- Automotive Software Tester
2. Core Advanced
- Test Analyst
- Test Manager
- Technical Test Analyst
- AI Testing
- Performance Testing
- Test Automation Engineer
II. ISTQB Certification – Agile
- Agile Tester – Foundation
- Agile Test Leadership at Scale – Advanced
- Agile Technical Tester – Advanced
III. ISTQB Certification – Expert
- Improving the Test Process – Assessing Test Processes
- Improving the Test Process – Implementing Test Process Improvement
- Test Management – Strategic Test Management (Expert)
- Test Management – Operational Test Management (Expert)
- Test Management – Managing the Test Team (Expert)
Why ISTQB Certification
- High quality syllabi: All syllabi are developed and reviewed by leading testing professionals from academia and industry.
- Global recognition: Certifications are recognized globally because of the consistent application of ISTQB policies and procedures by the member boards.
- Common language: The ISTQB Glossary provides a common vocabulary for the profession.
- Objectivity: The assessment of tester capabilities is conducted independently by ISTQB and provides objective verification of competencies.
- Encourage adherence to a Code of Ethics: All ISTQB certified testers are recommended to adhere to the Code of Ethics defined by ISTQB.
- Public Availability: ISTQB glossary and syllabi are made freely available on the ISTQB website and on the Member Board websites in local languages.
- Openness: ISTQB materials are developed on a voluntary basis and are open to contributions from anybody interested in joining ISTQB working groups
- Independence: The not for profit nature of ISTQB ensures that content is not constrained by particular methodologies or technologies, and is able to draw on best practices from a wide variety of sources.
- Continuous improvement: Syllabi and other documents are continuously being improved to meet the needs of business organizations around the world and to keep pace with the development of the profession.
- Professional standing: Being certified provides advantages for individuals and organizations by ensuring that testing professionals meet the high standards set by the ISTQB.
Benefits for Software Testing Professionals
- An independent, internationally-recognized validation of skills that employers trust
- Portable proof of ability for both current and future employment
- Career progression support through the advancement of testing skills
- Enhanced professional credibility (certificate holders have authorized use of the applicable ISTQB “Certified Tester” logo)
Software Testing (Manual and Automated) Tutorials