ETL Testing Syllabus, What is Data Warehouse, What is ETL Testing?, Database Testing vs. ETL Testing, ETL Test Process, and ETL Test Tools.
What is ETL?
ETL stands for Extract, Transform and Load and is the process of integrating data from multiple sources, transforming it into a common format, and delivering the data into a destination usually a Data Warehouse for gathering valuable business insights.
What is ETL Testing?
ETL Testing is a process of verifying the accuracy of data that has been loaded from source to destination after business transformation. The verification of data takes place at multiple stages during the ETL process.
- Fresher’s those who wish to start a career in Software/ETL Testing.
- Experienced professionals not satisfied with current job profile and wish to switch in ETL Testing
- Business Analyst for the Technical touch
- Manager’s for handling the team
- Freelancer, for doing own development
ETL Testing/Data Warehouse Testing Syllabus
1. Data Ware Housing Concepts
- Introduction to Data Warehouse and Need of Data Warehouse.
- Introduction to OLTP, ETL and OLAP Systems
- Difference between OLTP and OLAP
- DataWarehouse Architecture
- Data Marts
- ODS [Operational Data Store] Dimensional Modelling
- Difference between relation and dimensional modelling Star Schema and Snowflake Schema
- Fact table and Dimension table
- Normalization and De-Normalization
2. ETL Testing
- What is ETL and importance of ETL testing
- ETL Architecture.
- How DWH ETL Testing is different from the Application Testing
- Incompatible and duplicate data.
- Loss of data during ETL process.
- Volume and complexity of data is very huge.
- Fault in business process and procedures.
- Trouble acquiring and building test data
3. Types of ETL Testing
- Data completeness.
- Data transformation.
- Data quality.
- Performance and scalability.
- Integration testing.
- User-acceptance testing.
- SQL Queries for ETL Testing
- Incremental load testing
- Initial Load / Full load testing
Different ETL tools available in the market
- Ab Initio
- IBM Data stage
Power Center Components
- Repository Manager
- Workflow Manager
- Workflow Monitor
Informatica Concepts and Overview
- Informatica Architecture.
- Source Qualifier
- Target Designer