Selenium Fresher Job Responsibilities, Selenium WebDriver, Java Programming, TestNG Testing Framework, and Automation Framework Design & Implementation.
Selenium Online Training with Project (by G C Reddy)
Selenium Fresher Resume Preparation
Selenium Fresher Job Responsibilities
Who is a Selenium Job Fresher?
A person after academic qualification no job experience as a Selenium automation tester or at least software tester. But the person has knowledge of Selenium automation testing either through training or self-learned.
Earlier IT fresher means, a person who has no experience on the job and knowledge on the IT subject also optional. Then Companies used to consider academic education and communication skills only.
Nowadays due to huge availability of human resources companies are preferring to recruit the people who have IT subject knowledge people.
How much selenium automation testing knowledge is required for a fresher?
1. Manual Testing Skills
- Knowledge on Software Develop Life Cycle & Various SDLC Modules
- Software Test Levels and Test Types
- Software Test Design Techniques
- Experience or Knowledge on Software Test Life Cycle
2. Selenium WebDriver Tool Knowledge
- Basics of Automation Testing
- Automated Functional Test Process
- Knowledge of Web Elements and Actions on the Elements
- Inspecting Web/HTML Elements using a Browser
- Web Element Locators
- Selenium WebDriver API Commands
- Selenium Page Object Model
- Selenium Waits
3. Programming Knowledge (Ex: Java)
- Programming Environment Setup
- Keywords and Identifiers
- Basic Syntax
- Program Structure
- Inserting Comments
- Data Types and Variables
- Operators and Expressions
- Control Flow Statements
- Strings and Numbers
- Data Structures
- Input & Output
- File Handling
- Database Connectivity
- Exception Handling
- Object Oriented Programming Fundamentals
- Principles of Object Oriented Programming
4. Testing Framework Knowledge (Ex: TestNG)
- Installing TestNG Plug-in for Eclipse IDE
- Create TestNG Test cases
- Prioritize Test cases
- Create Test batches
- Batch Testing
- Generate Test Reports
5. Knowledge on Automation Framework
- Create Selenium Test Environment
- Create a well defined folder structure for storing automation resources.
- Create Automation resources to store in to corresponding folders.
- Write/Create Test Cases and Test Batches
- Execute Test Batches
- Reporting & Tracking Defects
- Re & Regression Testing (Change Related Testing ) on modified build/s
- Final Regression Testing
- Maintain Automation Resources.
Selenium Fresher Job Responsibilities
Most of the companies won’t give the test case development responsibility to fresher, they give selenium test cases execution responsibility that have already been developed.
> Understand the Application Environment and Application Domain
> Understand the Test Cases
> Running the Test Cases / Scripts
> Logging Defects
> Tracking Defects
> Re & Regression Testing
> Reporting on Test Status
Beginner Level Selenium Interview Questions
1. What are the benefits of automation testing?
2. what is automated functional testing?
3. What is Selenium? What are the different Selenium components?
4. Why should Selenium be selected as a test tool?
5. What are the testing types supported by Selenium?
6. What is the difference between Selenium 3.0 and Selenium 4.0?
7. What is the same-origin policy and how is it handled?
8. What are the types of waits supported by Selenium WebDriver?
9. How to inspect web elements?
10. Mention the types of Web element locators?
11. What are the tips on using selectors/locators?
12. What is role of TestNG in the Selenium test environment?
13. How to create object repositories in Selenium test environment?
14. How to write Selenium WebDriver test cases?
15. How to handle run-time errors in Selenium test cases?
16. How to insert synchronization points in Selenium test cases?
17. How to debug Selenium test cases?
18. How to conduct database testing using Selenium?
19. How to generate test reports in Selenium?
20. What is automation framework?
Selenium, Java, TestNG, and Automation Framework Videos
SQL for Software Testers Video